It is time, once again, to elect officers to the Board of Directors for our chapter. Everyone has good ideas and recommendations of events, rides and how our chapter should run. This is the perfect opportunity for you to see these ideas come to fruition. All that is asked, if you accept a position on the board, is that you take the responsibility seriously and are prepared for the time obligations that accompany the responsibility of a member of the board of directors. This is not simply a resume opportunity. Being a board member requires commitment as others are relying on you for the operation of this club.
All positions on the board are open to any and all who wish to join the board. The only qualifications are:
- You must be a current member of The Harley Owners Group-National
- You must be a current member of The Harley Owners Group Emerald Coast Chapter #3605
- You must maintain these memberships for the duration of your position on the board. If either lapse during your term you will be removed from the board.
The available board positions (with brief explanation) are:
PRIMARY OFFICERS (REQUIRED BY NATIONAL):
- Director: shall uphold the H.O.G. Chapter Charter, conduct chapter meetings and coordinate chapter officer responsibilities.
- Assistant Director: shall be responsible for promoting chapter membership, membership orientation, membership retention and keeping the chapter members informed on H.O.G. programs.
- Treasurer: shall be responsible for collecting and dispersing chapter funds, reporting financial transactions to sponsoring Dealer/H.O.G. Manager on a monthly basis, compliance with all revenue recording and reporting requirements.
- Secretary: shall be responsible for administering and maintaining meeting minutes, annual reports on hog.com, insurance and legal documentation, event releases, and enrollment releases. These permanent records shall be kept at the sponsoring Dealership.
- Activities Officer: assisting in planning and administering chapter events. IE: monthly bike nites and annual Toy 4 Tots event but not limited to.
- Ladies of Harley Officer: encouraging women members to take an active part in chapter activities. Also, work with and assist Activities Officer in planning and administering a monthly Ladies of Harley event.
- Road Captain: assisting in the planning of routes for chapter rides.
- Editor: assembling and organizing all forms of chapter communications. Ensure all forms of chapter communications are approved by the sponsoring Dealer/H.O.G. Manager before publication or distribution.
- Safety Officer: providing chapter members with information relating to the availability of rider training.
- Photographer: obtaining and organizing chapter images for use in chapter communications and chapter history. Maintaining and updating chapter video screen in a timely manner.
- Historian: preparing and maintaining an account of the history of the chapter.
- Membership Officer: assisting the chapter secretary and assistant director in the chapter membership duties.
- Webmaster: assembling and organizing material for the chapter website, social media sites and obtaining approval from the sponsoring Dealer/H.O.G. Manager before publication. Chapter website and social media sites must comply with the H.O.G. Chapter Internet Guidelines.
If you are interested in running for/occupying any of these offices and are willing to make the commitment or have a question please reply to: [email protected] before November 1, 2019. ******DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
Thank you for your interest in the Emerald Coast Chapter of the Harley Owners Group. And on behalf of this year’s board, thank you for a great 2019 we look forward to an even greater year in 2020.
Emerald Coast Chapter #3605 H.O.G.